Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sunshine Series Rd 3

Well the day finally arrived... 3 weeks since the last Cross Country event.

Its was time to see if the countless sunrises and endless hills were going to pay off.

A lot seemed to have happened in the last 3 weeks. I destroyed 2 sets of Lycra, a helmet and damaged my ego no end - sometimes I wonder if not riding at all might be better, maybe roller blading or something.



Anyway, the time had come for Round # 3. We lined up on the start and off we went. The field seemed a little smaller than it had been, the current series leader wasn't there but there always seems to be a surprise rider at every event....... and there was.



Heading up the first hill one of the top 'B' Graders Brendon hits the front, he's known for his fast starts. I decided to stick with him hoping that the two of use would make a bit of a break on the rest of the field......



About 7 or 8 minutes into the race once most of the step climbs were out of the way, I took a short glimpse behind to notice we weren't alone. The rider in third soon passed me and then took to the lead (the surprise rider) while the rider in 4 th also moved up in third, placing me in forth. The rider in front, seemed to just disappear in the distance. Meanwhile I battled to stick with third place. I never remembered this track having so many hills - the pain....



I had big plans of putting in some fast laps on the 3rd and 4Th lap, but after the fast start I was pretty much unable to recover. The third placed rider ended up getting a flat tyre on about the 3rd lap. I managed to crawl home in third about 5 minutes behind 1st and 1 minute behind 2nd. A bit disappointed at first, but later I realized it just created more fuel to burn for the last 2 rounds....


I guess third was still a small 'Moment of Glory'

Thanks for reading.



Photo's to follow.

1 comment:

cw said...

enjoyed the read look forward to more