Thursday, October 16, 2008

7 Day hill Training - cyclo-club

I will finally finished my 7 day climbing camp on the week end. http://www.cyclo-club.com/.

Hey this definitely wasn't easy. By the time I got to day 5 and Cyclo-impossible I still felt really good, but by the end of day 6 along with doing additional day at work on Saturday (I don't usually work weekends) I was buggered.

It really made me look at my pedal efficiency over the course of the week and I think this is definitely something that many riders (myself included) over look. We get so concerned about looking at our power meters or heart rate monitor to see which zone we are in and where we should be that we sometimes forget that we need to maintain that wattage of heart rate for the duration of an event.... And this is unlikely to happen if we constantly waste energy with poor bike setup and riding techniques.

After the 7 days I was definitely ready to have a couple of days off training and just focusing on recovery. I have now started on the Club's 6 weeks mountain bike plan. I completed the first training day on Wednesday and I have to admit its completely different to any other training I have done before. I takes I bit to get your head around it and you definitely feel it the next day.

My First 'C' Priority race start in on this weekend, the Freedom MTB Marathon 60k race. This next race after this is the first round of the national series in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

CQ said...

Great job- you are rocking it! I cant wait to work the climbing program in my schedule. Keep it up!